11.12.2009

Elvis Costume

This year for Halloween I thought it would be fun to make Robby one of my favorites, Elvis! I worked on and off for two months on his costume. I didn't have have a pattern. I used one of his shirts and pants that were a little too big for him and copied them, but unfortunately I forgotten that his little belly keeps growing, so I had to unpick it a lot and add stuff.

This is the back. We just made the eagle on the computer and printed it onto iron on transfer paper. We super glued little gems all over the suit.
Here he is all dressed up. He had a (non)sweaty scarf, belt buckle with gems, blue suede (felt) shoe coverings and a microphone. He won first place for the kids at our church and made the finals at the mall. He looked really cute in it! Someone commented to use that it was "nice to see a skinny Elvis again!"

No comments: